Saturday, January 26, 2008

I Miss Gracie

My three OLDER sisters tell me that mother became quite frustrated when I wasn't walking when she thought I should. Apparently in order to move the process along, my Mother gave me a washcloth to carry and WALLA I began to walk!! Can you believe that - well, looky here - Grace is holding a book. And she is walking!! I'm certain it has nothing to do with my washcloth, but it's a fun story!!



Sometimes you just want to give someone a hug, but they aren't close enough. That's how I feel about my Granddaughter Grace. She's coming in February and I'm really looking forward to it. Uncle Sean is really proud of little Grace, too. He carried her around on her shoulders when we went to the Monterey Acquarium. Grace thought the seaweed (ager ager or is it eger eger) was a snack. She attempted to eat it, but was not successful.

So, Gracie when you come to Grandma's house - be ready for a great big hug!!

1 comment:

Deb said...

Thanks so much Patty for finally giving me the address for your blog! You mentioned it before, but never told me where to find it! Your granddaughter looks so cute! Aren't they just precious! And the quilt story was unbelieveable! You should really write that up and send it into a quilt magazine or two along with pictures of the finished quilt. It was really fascinating! Thanks again for hooking me up with your blog, I'll be checking in to see what else you've posted. Oh and by the way, I too took Melody Johnson's class several years ago! That's how I got into dyeing fabrics which is how I met you! Small world!