Thursday, January 22, 2009

A Day To Celebrate


My niece and nephew - Matthew & Suzie Guerrant - photo credit Ellen Guerrant
I remember January 20, 1993, I received a call that a heart for Matthew had been found. I sat by the telephone waiting for the call that the surgery had been successful. I did get that call and my sister said, "the heart started beating on its own". I was so happy and cried and cried - we had received a miracle. I love my nephew and to me he's a hero. He's endured more than most kids at his age, he's never asked why - simply tackled each challenge head on and with strength and courage. I love you Matthew. Matthew and Suzie are so in love - you can see it in their eyes and in their actions. Many could learn from their example.
I'm so looking forward my visit to North Carolina in April. I just can't wait to see everyone!!
Thank you Matthew for leading by example and allowing me to be your Aunt!!

No comments: